Sign in to follow this  

need some code

This topic is 4913 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if anybody out there has any source code ( ms vc++ 6.0 ) that allows strings to be treated has math expressions.By that i mean a string is " evaluated" ( has some guy said) as being a math expression?? It would help me a lot.Thanks ahead.

If you are wanting to accomplish string = string1 + string2 then you can use std::string if you are gonna use C++

Hi,

I guess what he wants is, for instance to take in a string:

"cos(pi / 2) + 3 * sin(3 * pi / 4)"

And have it evaluated....

If that is so, then you need to give a little more details. :)

What kind of mathematica expressions do you want parsed? If it's only simple operations like +, -, *, /, then I suggest you don't bother looking around, and jus write a library yourself - it's not so hard. If you want more, like varius trig functions, roots, etc, then check out this here site: Fast mathematical expressions parser.

BTW, that above site was the first hit in the mathematical expression parser C++ Google search. I suggest that that is a good resource for such simple things. ;)

Vovan

This topic is 4913 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.