equation

Started by
4 comments, last by TheAdmiral 19 years, 8 months ago
Hello, Maybe it is too late or I am just too repressed, but I can't solve this equation determining the variable a. Could anybody help me? a - ( a * ax2 * bx2 ) / ( bx2 * ay2 ) = N Thank you for your help, Phex
Advertisement
Hi,

It must indeed be too late... :) Just factor out the a, and you are done...

a * (1 - (ax2 * bx2) / (bx2 * ay2)) = N

Though I think that's not the problem. I have a feeling you might have neglected to mention something else that would complicate th3e problem. ;)

Vovan
Vovan
There:
http://planet.nana.co.il/xpilox/equa.JPG

Now, I'm not quite sure that this is the equation you've meant, but that's what I've figured out from what you've written.
If this is not the equation you've meant to, please tell me where was I wrong so I could fix my self and give you the correct answer.
If you got any more questions like this one, or others who are math related, feel free to contact me via on of the following:
via MSN Messanger: ariyes@bezeqint.net
via ICQ: 242219573
via E-mail: ari2004@013.net.il
(I'd rather you'd contact me using one of the first two, I'm not checking my e-mail very often...)
Glad I could helpe, Yours
Arie.

Btw, Vovan - what the hell ?! some solution you got there... - inlight me please...

[Edited by - veNa on August 4, 2004 6:59:40 PM]
veNa - Born to make games.
I would assume that the 2's are exponents.
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
dang it, when are they going to have TeX support round here?
Assuming the equation is as you quoted it (which looks suspect to me due to the lack of symmetry) with the twos representing exponents (rather than factors), it solves to:

a = (Ny²)/(y²-x²).
Ring3 Circus - Diary of a programmer, journal of a hacker.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement