Rpg Inventory.

Started by
17 comments, last by X5-Programmer 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi there, dont know were I shall begin, but anyway im intresting in how the inventory are made and what I shall think about when I try to create one for my game. If anyone knows any tutorials/examples about it I will be glad, and feel free to come up with some advice about it. edit : I use OpenGL. thx.
-[ thx ]-
Advertisement
What part about inventory are you asking about? Are you looking for information about data structures, and how to store lists of these data structures (ie. linked list, vector, etc.)? What attributes inventory items should have? How to display the inventory to the user?

Also, which language do you use (C, C++, Visual Basic, etc)?
I use C++, and yes I whant to know all that thinks.
-[ thx ]-
I think the excerpt of Programming Role Playing Games 2nd ed. here on gamedev talks about inventory systems.
so no one can explain or have some tips were I can find information about this?
-[ thx ]-
I think that the book that chadmv referred to is an excellent reference. I actually decided to buy this book based on the sample chapter.

This part is can be adapted for any particular API.

A link to the sample chapter can be found here

If you are looking for code samples on how to handle the graphics of the inventory system (actually drawing the 2d stuff), I dont know anywhere off the top of my head, but I can help you look
Hi Stagz I will look at the book you talk about, and thx for helping me look around.
-[ thx ]-
Not a problem, It helps me too.. Haven't found too much though.

There is a link that I found here that has some tutorials on creating a GUI in OpenGL. It looks interesting, and could be adapted for writing your Inventory graphics. I haven't had much of a read over it yet, but it does seem to have alot of information.

Is this kind of what you were looking for?
Yes that was some of that I were looking for I will look more into it and se what I can have use for. If you find some more about create inventorys let me know ;)
-[ thx ]-
Here is a part of a book on how making RPG:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/prpg11/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement