Matrix : The Code

Started by
7 comments, last by NegativeNancy 19 years, 8 months ago
Designed this just for fun. Tell me what you think and what to add (besides fighting moves ) Design Document for: Matrix : The Code Design Doc ©2004 by David Halo Matrix © Warner Bros & Wachowski Bros. Written by David Halo v. 1.0 Table of Contents Game Overview FEATURES FIGHT SYSTEM SCENES CHARACTERS MOVES GAME OVERVIEW - The Matrix. A World inside of a world. The Matrix has dazzled audiences with it's fantastic movies, involving story and amazing fight scenes for countless years and still grows stronger with the ever buzzing Matrix On-Line game in progress. Matrix : The Code is my idea for a fighting game based in The Matrix involving the main characters using their knowledge and fighting skills to end the struggle between man and machine once and for all! FEATURES - A ground breaking fighting system involving special techniques using the ever popular bullet time and interactive environments. The ability to use the arena to a person's advantage is a great one that no will miss. Destryong the Matrix never felt so good. Characters with different fighting abilities and levels using their best abilities to their advantage and even the opponent to their advantage. Unique taunts, intros and stories finish off the craze that will leave even the most non interested Matrix fan begging for more fighting action. FIGHT SYSTEM - The basic fighting controls are as follows. UP, DOWN - Move the character left or right on the screen. If held with the RUN button the character will be able to run across the fighting stage. LEFT, RIGHT - Will move closer or further away from the opponent. If the RUN button is held the character can run around freely without being locked onto to the opponent. Low Punch, High Punch - Two various punches. The Low Punch has less power but moves faster, the High Punch is stronger and causes more damage. Combo's can be made from here and if the RUN button is held, during the run if a player pushes the low punch a knockdown move will be performed. If High Punch is pushed the player will initiate a custom jumping punch technique. Low Kick, High Kick - Two various kicks. As with the punches the low kick has less power but is faster and the High Kick is stronger and causes more damage. Combo's can be linked from here as well and if the RUN button is held, during the run if the a player pushes the low kick they will intiate a trip. If High Kick is pushed the player with initiate a custom jumping kick technique INTERACTIVE BUTTON - If RUN is used and near a wall you can run against the wall by pushing this button. Used in certain area's as jump. THROWS - Done by pressing High Kick and High Punch together A throw is custom for each character. However ,if in an interactive area it becomes a throw everyone does . A throw is meant to throw an opponent away, but if within a certain range of a wall or interactive area (Think Smith throwing Neo into Subway station wall) they will be used to cause more damage and make damage to the terrain. We see people being thrown into walls in the matrix many times to cause damage and the game should be no different. A throw can be blocked if the other character tries to perform one at the same time or is more then half-way through an attack. (if the player can see the opponent's back it does not matter, the throw is still applicable) BULLET TIME - Done by pressing Low Kick and Low Punch together Bullet time moves are unique to the position of the character and all animations are custom to fit each character's trademark moves and personalities. (I.e : Morpheus big elbow knee drop, Trinity's jump kick, Neo flying combo). Every bullet time move takes 50% of the bullet time Meter. The bullet time starts off in a grab type position so if the character has to go into an attack, a push,punch or kick is used to simulate the start of a motion. Bullet Time Meter - The meter in the corner of the player's screen that indicated how full a bullet time meter is. The meter increases slowly during elapsed time and with every impact the player makes. Throws add 20% to the bullet time meter. Front - Bullet time movement #1 Side - Bullet time movement #2 Back - Bullet time movement #3 Near Wall - Bullet time movement #4 CODE MOVE - Code moves are special moves that a player can activate when they're life bar is only 1/4 full and in the red zone. The code move is activated by hitting all kick and punch buttons plus the run button at the same time. Code moves activate a struggle bar. In which both players tap the High punch button as rapidly as possible to fight back. Once the time is activated the player has 5 seconds to put the meter more on their side then their opponents. If the player that did the code move wins, the opponnent loses, if the opponent wins the struggle , then the move is displayed as defective and the player loses their chance to use bullet time and is lowered to 1 health point. Each person's code move will be written in the move list + what happens if it doesn't work. TAUNT- Every character has a taunt. The taunt is activated by pushing High punch and Low Kick at the same time. A taunt will lower a person's bullet time meter (in the Matrix indicating lack of focus) but leave's the player open for an attack and easily accessible to throws and bullet time moves. SCENES - Subway Station - The classic subway station from the first Matrix movie. Three interactive objects are located here. The wall being an impact source, if a throw is done the player will throw them into the wall. The other are the pillars which will receive damage with each impact. The subway train will pass by around 20-30 second intervals and the track is in interactive area. If you're in it, use the RUN button and move to the side, pushing the interactive button will make you jump off the tracks. Dojo - The Morpheus Vs. Neo Dojo. The pillars are interactive as are the paper rice walls. Once thrown through a wall it links to a new part to the dojo, which is basically the same style just with different objects. Streets - Basic city street scenario. Interactive objects are lamp posts, cars and walls. If thrown through a glass wall it links to a office type building that resembles Neo's old workplace. Burly Brawl - The area where Smith and Neo encounter each other in Matrix Reloaded for the first time. Interactive objects are the benches, chainlink fence and walls. If thrown through the chainlink fence the level links to an alleyway, a tight spot to fight. Highway Road - The road where Morpheus killed the Twins is sealed off and its a feirce battle. No interactive objects on start off except if you knock the opponent down to the lower level. Once done a cutscene is shown of cars flipping and piling up. The cars become interactive to smash against as well as the highway sidings Meeting Area - Where Neo takes on the upgraded agents. A slightly smaller arena but stretches on quite a bit. Interactive areas as always are the walls and the lamp post. Rooftop - Rooftop area where Trinity shot Agent Brown in the first Matrix. Interactive areas include the small elevator rooftop object which can be thrown against. Interactive button makes you jump building to building. Parking Lot - Interactive objects include CHARACTERS - Neo Smith Agent Upgrades (brown..etc.) Morpheus Trinity Ghost Niobe Twins Seraph MOVES -
-----------------------------"A team is a group of people who are willing to work together through thick and thin."
Advertisement
I think this game was made already...
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
O.o There's a matrix fighting game (ala tekken) this is nothing like Enter The Matrix or the MMORPG. You should read it a bit more before commenting. TY
-----------------------------"A team is a group of people who are willing to work together through thick and thin."
forgive me davidhalo, but i'm curious. does the
Quote:Matrix © Warner Bros & Wachowski Bros.

mean that Warner Bros has given you permission to use their trademarks and copyrighted (note the ©) works ?
Quote:O.o There's a matrix fighting game (ala tekken) this is nothing like Enter The Matrix or the MMORPG

er . . . .
Quote:The Matrix. A World inside of a world. . . . . Matrix : The Code is my idea for a fighting game based in The Matrix involving the main characters using their knowledge and fighting skills to end the struggle between man and machine once and for all!

that pretty much describes Enter the Matrix ...
your idea needs something else besides "the matrix" to work. for instance, its nice that you're adding destructable arenas, but thats just it - thats all there is are destructible arenas. we've already seen throws, bullet time, and extremely hard-core matrix moves; theres nothing new there. i'm not saying its a bad idea, but quite simply its boring. there are too many matrix style fighting clones to make this unique, and the fact that you're basically redoing the key-scenes from the movie lacks originality. its a good start, but you need to go back and decide what should go (such as the levels), and create newer, cooler ones.
to get an idea of how "the matrix" idea has been made more original, check the quality matrix-"tekken"-style fighting game written in Flash, Bullet Time Fighting. its fun, simple, multiplayer, true to the matrix, and doesn't violate copyright laws.
- stormrunner
Thanks for the comments,appreciate, I wasnt intending to make this game it was just an idea i came up with at work so its all good. and just to write some more design docs.

Thanks for the link to that game too

Da Halo
The idea is pretty cool, but I have a couple of comments:

"Matrix has dazzled audiences with it's fantastic movies, involving story and amazing fight scenes for countless years "

That line just bothered me. I can certainly count how many years it's been since the first movie...

Bullet Time.

So. If I'm fighting someone and hit bullet time, what exactly happens...do I speed way up and move really fast? Or does the other guy slow way down and move really slow.

If I hit bullet time, and then the other guy hits bullet time, are we now both moving at normal speed again?
And here I thought I was in for a conversation about symbollic interpretations of Ovid's Metamorphoses. =)

The concept however currently just sounds like another fighting game with the Matrix name tagged on. Now if you make it a beatemup adventure where one can upload new fighting styles into ones character as the game progresses, that would be rather interesting. You could leave it a fighting game but have it where each team has a non-fighting character i.e. the 'operator'. The operator would be able to bring up information about the environment and make slight modifications to the environment to help their teammates, and doing the actual uploading of skills into characters. Of course you different characters would have a different maximum number of simultaniously uploadable skills.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
The idea is pretty cool, but I have a couple of comments:

"Matrix has dazzled audiences with it's fantastic movies, involving story and amazing fight scenes for countless years "

That line just bothered me. I can certainly count how many years it's been since the first movie...

Bullet Time.

So. If I'm fighting someone and hit bullet time, what exactly happens...do I speed way up and move really fast? Or does the other guy slow way down and move really slow.

If I hit bullet time, and then the other guy hits bullet time, are we now both moving at normal speed again?

Bullet time in this fighting game concept is like initiating a sequence. So far instance if you were Neo , and you activated your bullet time tech, a pre done animation will perform such as Neo jumps in the air while kicking the character up and then kicks him into a wall in slow mo then fades back into real time and back to normal fight.

If we both characters tries for a bullet time at the same time, it would cancel each other out and waste the bullet time meter by half
add the black coats and sun glasses etc...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement