Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Nevers

3ds characters in qube

Hi, i'm new here and i'm just wondering if anyone can help me. Has anyone here been able to export a 3ds character with biped & physique and have it animate in qStudio?? I'm trying to use Qube to make a demo and the tutorials they provide only involve making chars with Maya (which i don't know). There is a way (from what i can tell from the docs) to get a 3ds model to export with animations but i can't get it to work. any help is appreceiated thanks -Shifty

What is qStudio? heh..

It depends on the requirements for that game / program / mod. 3D Studio Max & Character Studio are almost certainly capable of creating a character suitable for it, but you need to find the restrictions for the engine. For example, Physique defaults to deformable bending. This means skin can slide, buldge, and stretch on joints when the model animates, but most engines don't support this level of detail.

But on the other hand, if it does, you most likely need to use it. I can be of more help if you let me know the restrictions for the model types.

Guest Anonymous Poster
thanks for the replay. I'm using rigid but i don't think that's where the problem is.

I can get an object to export and animate when it has key frames on the mesh itself (ex a moving sphere). I think my problem is that my biped has animations on it which move the mesh but the mesh itself has no keyframes itself. I don't know if i have done something wrong becaus i'm pretty much self taugh in the world of 3dsMax. I learned how to do this with a book called "Animating real-time game characters" by Paul Steed (charles river media).

Should there be keyframes on the mesh when i'm animating with biped & physique??

If so, how do i do that or where can i find out how to do that??

*extra*
Qstudio is middleware that comes with the Qube sdk. it's used for tweaking you character, level etc and creates a final character file that's already tuned and ready to be used in the program.

thanks

-Shifty