It's here! (new Blender release)

Started by
25 comments, last by JTippetts 19 years, 8 months ago
Blender 2.34 is here! What's new in it [Edited by - Wolfmanyoda on August 7, 2004 8:23:15 PM]
Advertisement
Yes! Downloaded and installed. That LSCM UV unwrapping is going to be interesting.
I'm very excited about the ramp shaders, too. [grin]
Yeah, those do look interesting, don't they?

I've been playing with the new particle toys and the weighted sub-surface creases. Those creases are going to be pretty useful as well.

Gotta say, this is a nice release...
Looks like the new unwrapping will work well.
It's just going to take practice marking the seams to be cut.
What I really like is the ability to export it as a .tga file for painting.
Well, I already love the UV unwrapping. Finished texturing a character model today that I've been putting off because I haven't been able to get a good unwrap of the head, after five tries. The new LSCM technique officially kicks ass.

I noticed the export to TGA in 2.33, I think, but it raised a Python error and a segfault whenever I tried it. (A missing library? I don't recall, now, the exact error Python spit out, and I removed 2.33 from my system.) It was not a critical point, since I do have a custom script I wrote to accomplish the same thing. Strangely, however, I can not find the export to TGA in 2.34. Did they move it from the Export menu to some place else? Or am I just an idiot? Or is my executable broken?
In the UV window, click on the UV button to open the menu.
It's called "Save UV Face Layout".
It opens up the export menu which lets you set the size of the .tga, where to put it, etc...
Ah, here this will help:
These new particle toys are awesome!
Haven't checked Blender out in a couple releases. How's the UI? Is it still off the wall a little? Not sure I'm up to learning it.
if(this.post == SATISFYING){money.send(1.00,&HemoGloben);return thanks;}
Quote:Original post by HemoGloben
Haven't checked Blender out in a couple releases. How's the UI? Is it still off the wall a little? Not sure I'm up to learning it.

Same here. That's the worst UI I've seen EEE-VER. I refuse to admit to myself that the program still exists until the UI changes. It's really holding back the program from reaching it's true potential IMO.

Hopefully one day, they will overhaul the entire program interface. There are lots of people trying to make similar programs and are getting nowhere, but at least they have a useable interface. They should join the project and give it a facelift.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement