Sign in to follow this  
jrem

can't create DirectPlay.Address

jrem    122
Hi, I'm just starting with managed directx and I can't seem to instantiate the Address class on my home computer. I have been able to do it at work however which has led me to believe that it has something to do with my network settings. I have DSL at home... my knowledge of networking is pretty sparse. So, when I try to use the constructor, I'm getting an exception. Unfortunately, the exception doesn't tell me anything. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this or if anyone has any ideas. Thanks, JR

jrem    122
Alright,
I narrowed this down a bit. When I install the directX 9 SDK, my registry gets updated with my available service providers. For some reason on my computer, under the DirectPlay8 Service Providers tab, only the network simulator in listed. So that is all I can find when I enumerate service providers. This only happens on my computer, another computer on the same network shows a normal service provider list (IPX, Modem, TCP/IP). So my question is when directx is installed how does it recognize the service providers available on my computer. I'm assuming I must have some network settings screwed up somewhere....
I'm confused...
Thanks