Managed DirectX & Debug Output

Started by
3 comments, last by Donavon Keithley 19 years, 8 months ago
I finally installed the debug libraries for managed DirectX, but I can't get any debug output using the new VC# 2005 Express beta. It did help me by crashing on things I did wrong, but it was a pain to find them all. I also set the runtime to debug in the control panel with debug output to the maximum, but no luck. Has anyone been able to get this to work?
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Advertisement
Make sure you have set Managed DirectX to debug aswell as Direct3D runtime debug (its in a different tab in the control pannel thingie). If that doesn't solve it or you did already do that, then if you are using C# (you seem to be, judging by the compiler you mentioned :) ) right click on your project (not solution) in the tree view, then select properties. In the configure properties folder go to debugging and then enable unmanaged debugging. That may help.
That option does not exist in 2005.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
bump

[sad]
Try this?

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/debugview.shtml
Donavon KeithleyNo, Inky Death Vole!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement