• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

AngelScript 1.8.1 (final release)

This topic is 4906 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Version 1.8.0 was full of bugs and for that I apologize. I released three bug fix versions before I decided I had to make a much larger effort to remove the bugs. Version 1.8.1 brings mostly bug fixes, and improved compatibility with MinGW (and probably most other GCC based compilers). One novelty is official support for virtual methods. They were always supported in MSVC, but in MinGW they weren't. The other is a much improved way of determining the correct way to register object types. This in turn eliminated the need for the flags asCALL_RETURNBYREF and asCALL_RETURNBYVAL. Just in case there are still some bugs lurking around I've released this latest version as BETA. But don't let that hold you back from using it. The version is feature complete and I can assure you that it is much more bug free than the previous version. The BETA status will remain for a couple of weeks until I can be sure that no more bugs will be encountered. By the way, I've probably broken the code for the Dreamcast, and the pure C++ code alternative (not much though). I will try to fix these as soon as possible, though the Dreamcast code will have to be tested by someone else as I don't have the proper tools.
  • Changed debug output to be put in subdirectory AS_DEBUG
  • bug fix: Some errors were always reported on line 1 column 1, no matter where they were located
  • bug fix: An assertion failed when a function call used a temporary variable and the function wasn't found (thanks Jakub "krajzega" Wasilewski)
  • bug fix: Non-complex objects with 2 DWORDs in size is now correctly returned from system functions
  • bug fix: Objects returned in memory is now correctly handled by MinGW for cdecl calling convention
  • bug fix: Objects registered with asOBJ_IS_COMPLEX was not treated correctly by MinGW
  • bug fix: BC_PGA didn't mask out the module ID when retrieving the address of the global variable. (thanks Anders "Dentoid" Stenberg)
  • bug fix: Class methods can now return objects in MSVC
  • bug fix: Local variables in the top statement block could be destroyed at return even though they were declared after the return statement. (thanks Anders "Dentoid" Stenberg)
  • bug fix: Class methods can now return objects in memory on MinGW
  • bug fix: ExecuteString() could cause a crash when executed on a script compiled for the second time using the same module name. (thanks Jakub "krajzega" Wasilewski)
  • Registering methods from classes with multiple inheritance are detected and reported as not supported
  • Registering methods from classes with virtual inheritance are detected and reported as not supported on MSVC. Can't be detected on GNUC
  • Cleaned up as_callfunc_x86.cpp
  • Added support for virtual methods in GNUC
  • New flags for RegisterObjectType(): asOBJ_CLASS, asOBJ_CLASS_CONSTRUCTOR, asOBJ_CLASS_DESTRUCTOR, asOBJ_CLASS_ASSIGNMENT, asOBJ_PRIMITIVE, asOBJ_FLOAT
  • The flags asCALL_RETURNBYREF and asCALL_RETURNBYVAL no longer have any effect, and will be removed in a future version
UPDATE: If you're using the bstr code, that is downloaded separately, you'll want to download the new version of that one as well. [Edited by - WitchLord on August 13, 2004 7:03:54 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Awesome............But still running 1.7.1 ( must update soon ). Have you tried CVS yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As always I plugged it straight in :)

I just had one minor problem - I hadn't noticed I needed to update bstr.h/cpp too, caused me a crash & quite some headaches before I found that out :)

Edit:
removed dumbass question about asOBJ_CLASS documentation.
Actually checking the AS site solved this ofcourse :)

[Edited by - LDenninger on August 9, 2004 4:19:13 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Excellent. I'm happy things are working smoothly this time. Let's hope no bugs come up later on.

I forgot to mention that the bstr code was updated. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh, I've released 1.8.2 WIP 1 already if anyone should like to have the latest code. [WINK]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
With the release of 1.8.2 BETA 1, I've promoted vesrion 1.8.1 to final release.

During the BETA period absolutely no bugs were reported, which hopefully means that it is a stable release. It could of course also mean that not too many people actually decided to use it.

Well, at least I'm happy that the terribly buggy release of 1.8.0 have gone extinct and now only exists in my memories as the version that shouldn't have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I probable gotta wait for 1.9.0, cos we are gonna port our engine over DX9.0c base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement