anyone try UT?

Started by
8 comments, last by Sieggy 24 years, 3 months ago
I tried the demo about a month ago. I normally don't like shooters, but I enjoyed UT. It looks great, the weapons are original, and the gameplay is intense.
Advertisement
I must say that UT kicks so much but it is painful. It is the only FPS I have ever played a demo of and felt the urge to go out and buy strait away (except you couldn't until recently) apart from Doom.

My little lan at home has been crying out for this game. whats more it runs perfectly on my P3 VooDoo3 as on my P2 with some dodgy ATI card.

Oh how my own game projects have suffered because of this.....

Forgot to mention that I have also played the demo of Quake 3 and it just isn't a patch in my opinion.

Probably me just sulking because GLSetup doesn't have a driver for the P2's ATI card....

Some of the levels are just awesome. I've was reading about it a while before hand and thought, "yeah thats kinda cool" but when you are three swimming to an underbase or sniping you're friends as they storm the beach you release they took it to a whole new level, no pun intended. :-)
UT really ROCKS!!!
(b.t.w. The box is cool, too!)
Finished all of UT in single-player but the final challenges and it kicked major butt! I've only finished the first tier of Q3A, but I'm a little disappointed. The engine looks great, but the gameplay just doesn't feel as good as UT's.

------------------
Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

I normally don't play shooters, but the UT demo lasted a lot longer on my hard drive than every other shooter demo I've bothered to download (it lasted about 10 hours all up). The most recent was Quake 3 (played for 10 minutes, deleted it) and the one before that was...um...System Shock 2 (bought it) and the one before that was um... Doom (finished episode 1, started episode 2, got bored, tried again, got half way through episode 1, got bored, haven't looked at shooters the same since).
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
I think Quake 3 has much better gameplay,AI and engine then UT.

Q3 SIMPELY ROCKS!

Anyone give Unreal Tournement a try yet? I recently got a hold of it this weekend. Some fellows of mine and I tried it out and we played it for hours. Some of the best levels ever to grace a FPS, in my humble opinion.
Hey, lets try not to start another Q3 v UT war, please....
Mind you - Quake3 rocks.

-Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement