• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

AngelScript 1.8.2 WIP 2 (2004/08/11)

This topic is 4908 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

So far I haven't received any bug reports on version 1.8.1. Let's hope it continues that way. I've already started work on the next version and this first WIP brings support for class methods from classes with multiple inheritance. I've also made changes in preparation for inclusion of asCRestore code. Now the byte code generated by the compiler is completely independent of other modules, which means that the order in which the modules are loaded is no longer important. Global properties registered by the application are also now referenced by index rather than by the direct memory address registered. This all means that if you need to store and load compiled byte code you can do so already, you only have to include the asCRestore class, that Dennis Bollyn contributed to the project. Regards, Andreas Jönsson Author of AngelScript [Edited by - WitchLord on August 11, 2004 7:31:16 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I already read it a couple of months ago (pretty much as soon as it was published), but thanks for the link anyway.

I agree that it is very interesting. I based the latest support for virtual methods and multiple inheritance on that article. The templates I use to generalize the method pointers on MSVC are pretty much the same as the ones found in the article.

The article will be very helpful to anyone who wishes to add support for other compilers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just uploaded WIP 2, which adds support for switch-case statements and fixes a bug introduced in WIP 1.

Thanks goes to Jeff White for the contribution with the switch-case implementation (I ended up changing most of it, but your contribution served as inspiration).

Thanks to Lennart Denninger for discovering the bug with global variables in WIP 1.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The switch case implementation isn't actually working yet (did some more tests today). I've already fixed it for WIP 3 that will be uploaded within a day or two.

I've also added support for registering the unary minus operator (negate). This was the last important operator that was missing. Addition of further operators will have pretty low priority from now on.

If I can finish the optimization for the switch case in time, I will release 1.8.2 as BETA instead of WIP. Which would then allow me to start working on 1.9.0.

Just thought I'd let you all know the status of the development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement