Are their any great Free C++ compilers?

Started by
12 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 3 months ago
I d/loaded that a few versions ago, when it didn''t support multiple files or projects, like MSVC++ does...
With the current version it gives me an error of "File names with illegal or more than 8 characters are not supported."
Thing is, it doesn''t matter what I type in it gives me that error...

Help!

Anton LaVey
Advertisement
Hey
Best buy and offic max carry a starting programing kits. One has Borland C++ 4.52 comes with learn C in 24 hrs and three more books on CD. Also they have a kit with Microsofts Visual C++ Learn C++ in 21 days book and 2 more on the cd. They are $30 to $50. Thats a great deal. both compile and you can distrubute you work.

Later
node_5r
Thanks for the info. DirectX should be no problem if it supports Win32 right?

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
I searched forever on-line for a free good compiler that supported win32. Ever since I bought Windows Game Programming For Dummies I searched for about a month for a good win32 compiler. After many downloads and lots of waiting I gave up. It was a sad end. I was going to have to pay $65 for Visual C++ 6.0 pro. But then my uncle heard I needed one and sent Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition for christmas(Yep thats the one with the retail value of $1500). He got it for free from his work.
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement