weird problem with vertexalpha, blending [solved]

Started by
7 comments, last by misto 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys! I've a very weird problem.. I'm searching the problem for hours now, so I thought I could ask you experts: What I have: My little terrain-engine is blending 2 texures based on their vertex alpha values:

glClientActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);
glBindBufferARB( GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_TexCoVBO);
glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_FLOAT, 0, (char *)NULL);
glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);

glClientActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);				
glBindBufferARB( GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_TexCoVBO);
glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_FLOAT, 0, (char *)NULL);
glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[1]);

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_COMBINE_ARB);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_COMBINE_RGB_ARB, GL_INTERPOLATE_ARB);

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_SOURCE0_RGB_ARB, GL_PREVIOUS_ARB);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND0_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_COLOR);

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_SOURCE1_RGB_ARB, GL_TEXTURE);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND1_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_COLOR);

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_SOURCE2_RGB_ARB, GL_PRIMARY_COLOR_ARB);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND2_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_ALPHA);

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[0]);

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE);

All the vertex data is held in a vbo, same for the texture coordinates. The data is drawn with index-buffers (one for each lod). Ok, that works fine, all vertizes are blended EXCEPT the last one. Example: example As you can see on the image, the two textures on the left are blended, except the last vertex (the upper right corner). For debuging, I even mapped the buffers to check all values.. I'm really help- and hopeless :/ Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be? If you need additional code, just ask me.. Thanks a lot! misto [Edited by - misto on August 16, 2004 8:22:43 AM]
Advertisement
Hmm.. Maybe your color array holds one less value than the vertex array?
That was my first thought too, but colors and vertizes are all in the same array..
Could you post the code where you set up your arrays? Maybe the rendering code too?
Hi!

Yes sure, here the code to initialize the vbos:

glGenBuffersARB( 1, &m_VBOVertex );m_Data = new Vertex[1089];for( int iY = 0; iY <= 32; iY++)for( int iX = 0; iX <= 32; iX++){m_Data[iV].fX = iX;m_Data[iV].fY = iY;m_Data[iV].fZ = 0;m_Data[iV].fA = 0.5;iV++;			}glBindBufferARB( GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_VBOVertex );glBufferDataARB( GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, iV * sizeof(Vertex), m_Data, GL_STATIC_DRAW_ARB);

the code for the texture-coordinates buffer is very similar, I think it should be correct, because the texture is applied correct.

the index buffer:
patches = 32;int step = 8;				int anzIndices = patches/step * (patches*2/step + 2);GLushort* data = new GLushort[anzIndices];int iI = 0;			for( int iY = 0; iY < patches; iY+=step){	for( int iX = 0; iX <= patches; iX+=step)	{		if(iY%(2*step) == 0)		{		data[iI] = (patches+1) * (iY+step) + iX;		iI++;		data[iI] = (patches+1) * (iY+0) + iX;                iI++;			}		else		{		data[iI] = (patches+1) * (iY+0) + patches - iX;		iI++;		data[iI] = (patches+1) * (iY+step) + patches - iX;		iI++;		}	}}m_IndexBufferCount = anzIndices;				glGenBuffersARB(1, &m_IndexBuffer);glBindBufferARB(GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_IndexBuffer);glBufferDataARB(GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, anzIndices*sizeof(GLushort), data, GL_STATIC_DRAW_ARB);

Hmm.. the code might look a bit confusing, but it seems to work so far, at least for the geometry :)

and now the rendering:

glBindBufferARB( GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_Patches[iX][iY]->getVBO() );glVertexPointer( 3, GL_FLOAT, sizeof(Vertex), (char *)NULL);glColorPointer ( 4, GL_FLOAT, sizeof(Vertex), (char *)NULL + 96);glBindBufferARB(GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_IndexBuffer[m_Patches[iX][iY]->getLOD()]);glClientActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);				glBindBufferARB( GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_TexCoVBO);glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_FLOAT, 0, (char *)NULL);				glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);								glClientActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);				glBindBufferARB( GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, m_TexCoVBO);glTexCoordPointer( 2, GL_FLOAT, 0, (char *)NULL);				glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);								glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[1]);				glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_COMBINE_ARB);glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_COMBINE_RGB_ARB, GL_INTERPOLATE_ARB);			glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_SOURCE0_RGB_ARB, GL_PREVIOUS_ARB);glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND0_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_COLOR);			glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_SOURCE1_RGB_ARB, GL_TEXTURE);glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND1_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_COLOR);			glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_SOURCE2_RGB_ARB, GL_PRIMARY_COLOR_ARB);glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND2_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_ALPHA);								glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[0]);				glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE);								glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP, m_IndexBufferCount[m_Patches[iX][iY]->getLOD()], GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT, (GLushort*)NULL);

Hmm.. yes, that should be all :) If somebody needs the whole code, I could send it per email.. (runs under linux only)

Thanks a lot!
glColorPointer ( 4, GL_FLOAT, sizeof(Vertex), (char *)NULL + 96);

Why the +96? I thought the pointer should simply be set to NULL?
That is because of my vertex-structure:

class Vertex{public:	float	fX,	fY,	fZ,	fR,	fG,	fB,	fA;};

94 is the offset in bits from the beginning of the class 8bit/byte * 3 vertizes * 4byte/float, isn't it like that?
Oh... Shouldn't it be 3*sizeof(float) then? I doubt the offset is given in bits..
Yes, that was the bug! Uff.. thanks a lot TomasH.. I don't now why i thought it were in bit.. hmm.. but now it's clear, I alyways "jumped" over the correct alpha value..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement