Sign in to follow this  
The C modest god

A phenomena

I have the following code: if ((CalcLineListPointer.Peek().Point1.Y-MinY)==DeltaY) RadixPosition = LinesList.ObjectsAmount-1; else RadixPosition = floor((Real)(LinesList.ObjectsAmount)*((CalcLineListPointer.Peek().Point1.Y-MinY)/DeltaY)); In debug mode I see that the expression (CalcLineListPointer.Peek().Point1.Y-MinY)==DeltaY is equal to 1, but when I press F10 for step the program performs the else instead of the first expression of the if. Why does it happen?

Hello,

(Assuming MinY and DeltaY are floats - if these are integers then I don't see where is the error).

IIRC the float/double precision is different when switching from debug to release in VC++ (nor sure the .NET versions are still affected by that problem but it is definitely the case with VC++6)
The optimization settings are probably the root of this problem but I'm not sure - and you probably don't want to change your compiler settings to resolve the problem. So the solution you might try is to compare (CalcLineListPointer.Peek().Point1.Y-MinY) to DeltaY+epsilon and DeltaY-epsilon [abs((CalcLineListPointer.Peek().Point1.Y-MinY)-DeltaY) < epsilon].

HTH