AI in popular games

Started by
5 comments, last by happylrac 19 years, 8 months ago
Could you please tell me where I can find some articles about AI in popular and quite recent games? I mean a website and the articles telling about techniques used in these games, not just the opinion about AI... I found some on gamedev.net and gamasutra, but it's still too little for me...
The human is learning for all his life...
Advertisement
http://www.gameai.com/
Joel Martinez
http://codecube.net
[twitter]joelmartinez[/twitter]
Indeed, GameAI contains a description of the AI for lots of games, but most of these games are getting a bit old =[

Mat Buckland recently posted an interview with Jeff Hannan concerning the AI in Colin McRae's Rally 2.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Eric
Quote:Original post by xEricx
Indeed, GameAI contains a description of the AI for lots of games, but most of these games are getting a bit old =[
The proprieter of GameAI.com is our beloved Ferretman (Steve Woodcock). He is a busy dude working as he does to protect the country from evil. Perhaps we should organize a project to update as much as we can on his site?

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

hehe yeah, I know who Steve is :)

I guess I could check out if it would be feseable to post the techniques we use here online, but with all the protection of intellectual properties companies are now using, I doubt it will be easy to convince them to share what we use. =[

I'll see what I can do about that ;)

Cheers!

Eric
AI Game Programming Wisdom has some articles about AI techniques and their usage in actual games. Check the link to see what game is handeled in what book. (Articles not in the web, to bad...)
-----The scheduled downtime is omitted cause of technical problems.
Quote:Original post by OmniBrain
AI Game Programming Wisdom has some articles about AI techniques and their usage in actual games. Check the link to see what game is handeled in what book. (Articles not in the web, to bad...)

It's a pretty good book. It opened my eyes to what is out there and gave me some damn good ideas of how to contruct my own ai agents.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement