Sign in to follow this  
beebs

Backbuffer problems

Hi, I am having trouble using a backbuffer with DirectDraw. Basically, I lock the backbuffer (called 'lpddsback'), clear it to black with memset, unlock it and blit to it (using Blt() not Bltfast()). I am blitting only colour, not bitmaps or other surfaces, just plain RGB 565 colour. Then I use lpddsprimary->Flip(). The problem is that the left half of the screen is fine, but the right half has garbage. After 3 hours of trying to fix this, I can't see whats wrong. My only idea is that I am using Blt incorrectly. I call it as a function of the backbuffer. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong? Thanks :)

Hello,

You may tell others how you fixed it, since it may be of interest. If you don't, well, it looks like a 'speaking to myself' thread :) So : how did you correct your problem ?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Good point. It was fixed by using the 8-bit pallete properly... I was only creating the palette and not attaching it to the surface. Embarassing, I know. So the lesson is - always check you havn't missed out any fundamental stages!