Technical Forums..

Started by
0 comments, last by Zawinul 24 years, 9 months ago

One big suggestion I can make, is to not have Direct-x and "other" api's all in one forum, that's gonna be a huge mess. If anything, components inside direct-x itself should have their own forums.. directsound/music can just go in regular "sound & music", and dplay would just go in multiplayer forum. but i think the graphics forum should be graphics/directdraw, and there should be a separate direct3d and a separate opengl forum, being those are huge topics themselves. i say this now being the forums have little/none messages so far.

PS -
you should make this message window's width bigger i feel like i'm typing in an LED window, and you should move the message icons to below the message, so its not a pain to tab from the name/subject/message fields.. also, you could really use some better icons

Later,

------------------

- Zawinul

- Zawinul
Advertisement
Hmm... well, let me just say that deciding how to divide the forums into subtopics is not an easy thing. The challenge is not making so many forums that it's overwhelming, while at the same time creating divisions that are both logical and large enough to generate a steady stream of posts. Previously, graphics programming was our busiest forum without including DirectDraw, and the APIs forum was not busy enough to justify splitting further. The nice thing about this software is that it will be possible for us to move threads around if we need to, so if the APIs forum does become a big mess, we can break it up into API specific forums, and move existing threads to it. I think at this point we'll wait and see.

As far as your suggestions about the message board, I'll see what we can do about the text box. This software was obviously not developed by us, but that should be a relatively easy change to make. I'm not sure about moving the icons though. What about the icons is so bad that we should come up with some new ones? I agree that a few of them are silly, but so what?

------------------
Webmaster, GameDev.net
Director of Development, Myopic Rhino Games: www.jps.net/mrhino
Software Engineer, ROI Systems: www.roisys.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement