Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Managed Summer Update Issues

This topic is 5231 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I have observed the most frustrating and inexplicable behavior recently. After installing the summer update on two machines, I was able to run a C# Direct3D program perfectly fine. I then tried to run the program on two other machines and with the new summer update, and the program just fails. What happens is this: We get one of two different error messages whenever we try to access anything using the Direct3D run-time. One message says an error occurred in the Direct3D .dll, 'an object is set to a null reference'. The other message is an IO exception which says the Direct3D assembly was not found. Both appear to be the same problem phrased differently (although I can't discern why we get one sometimes instead of the other when we troubleshoot this). We have updated the video card drivers, uninstalled previous SDK versions, uninstalled and reinstalled the summer update SDK numerous times. DXDiag shows NO problems with any DirectX component including Direct3D. We are using the assembly with the following properties: Copy Local: has been true and false - neither work Path: .../v9.02.2904/... Runtime Version: v1.1.4322 Strong Name: true Version: 1.0.2902.0 We have updated all references in the solution to this assembly. We are all out of ideas, and in dire need of an expert to help us out. Many thanks to anyone who can do just that.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!