int hel; //heal

//Declare function
void ebattle();  //Enemy battle function
void battle();  //Player battle function

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  cout<<"Armor core arenas"<< endl;
  cout<<""<< endl;
  cout<<"Welcome to armor core arenas! The game where you fight against your"<< endl;
  cout<<"opponent in an arena with a weapon of your choice."<< endl;
  cout<<""<<endl;
  cout<<""<< endl;
  cout<<""<< endl;
  cout<<"Please choose your weapon"<< endl;
  cout<<"1.  axe"<< endl;
  cout<<"2.  sword"<< endl;
  cout<<"3.  staff(magic)"<< endl;
  cin>> weapon;
  if (weapon == ch1) {
  cout<<"You have chosen the axe. The battle will now comence!"<< endl;
  cout<<"your opponet will be the crusher. he is a large opponet who also weilds an axe"<< endl;
  cout<<""<< endl;

battle();
  ebattle();
  goto battle();  // LINE 47

void battle()
  {                 //LINE 50
  cout<<"It is your turn. what do you do?(1 to attack and 2 to heal)"<< endl;
  cin>> choice;
  if (choice == att) {
  cout<<"You have attacked him!"<< endl;
  enemyh = enemyh - 10;
  cout<<"He now has "<< enemyh<<" health left"<< endl;
  }
  if (choice == hel) {
  cout<<"You have healed your-self!"<< endl;
  health = health + 20;
  }
  void ebattle() {    LINE 62
  cout<<"It is his turn to attack! he has struck you with his mighty weapon!"<< endl;
  health = health - 12;
cout<<"you now have only "<< health<< " health left!"<<endl;
  }
  return 0;
}
I get the following errors: parse error before '(' (line 47) parse error before '{' (line 50) parse error beofre '{' (line 62) parse error before 'return' also, how do I end my giant if statement? I am composing the game of three giant if statemants basically(I only have on so far) so, how do I end them.
______________________________My website: Quest Networks
Advertisement
#include <stdio.h>#include <iostream>#include <fstream>#include <string>#include <cstdlib>#include <cmath>using namespace std;//Declare global variablesint health = 100;  //Player healthint enemyh = 100;  //Enemy healthint weapon;  //Current weaponint ch1; //weapon choice 1int ch2; //weapon choice 2int ch3; //weapon choice 3int heal;  //heal the characterint choice; //turn choiceint att = 1; //Player attacksint hel; //heal void battle() {                 cout<<"It is your turn. what do you do?(1 to attack and 2 to heal)"<< endl;  cin>> choice;  if (choice == att) {  cout<<"You have attacked him!"<< endl;  enemyh = enemyh - 10;  cout<<"He now has "<< enemyh<<" health left"<< endl;  }  if (choice == hel) {  cout<<"You have healed your-self!"<< endl;  health = health + 20;  }} void ebattle() {     cout<<"It is his turn to attack! he has struck you with his mighty weapon!"<< endl;  health = health - 12;cout<<"you now have only "<< health<< " health left!"<<endl;  }int main(int argc, char *argv[]){  cout<<"Armor core arenas"<< endl;  cout<< endl;  cout<<"Welcome to armor core arenas! The game where you fight against your"<< endl;  cout<<"opponent in an arena with a weapon of your choice."<< endl;  cout<<endl;  cout<< endl;  cout<< endl;  cout<<"Please choose your weapon"<< endl;  cout<<"1.  axe"<< endl;  cout<<"2.  sword"<< endl;  cout<<"3.  staff(magic)"<< endl;  cin>> weapon;  if (weapon == ch1) {  cout<<"You have chosen the axe. The battle will now comence!"<< endl;}  cout<<"your opponet will be the crusher. he is a large opponet who also weilds an axe"<< endl;  cout<< endl;   while(health>0){  battle();  ebattle();}   return 0;}

You can't include functions in other functions(like main). goto is evil, don't use it.

cout << " " << endl;
This is pointless. Just use:
cout << endl;
you can't declare a function inside another function. take the void battle() function out of main, and put it just before the declaration of main. then get rid of the word goto, and it should be fine.

-me
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you haven't closed your main function before declaring the battle function. In fact I don't think you have closed any of the functions. Try putting an extra curly bracket } at the end of each function.
goto battle(); // LINE 47

What is this line meant to do? This is the source of your problem. You probably want to simply finish execution, right?

In C++, opening braces must match closing braces.

if (condition) // if begins here
{
/// code
} // if ends here

void function() // function begins here
{
// code
} // function ends here

You may also use the return statement to exit a function early, and the else, break and continue keywords etc for branching.
Well, let's see. First of all, goto's are generally considered to be bad programming practice and things to be avoided. However, since you aren't actually using goto's, I'm not going to explain that. Now, where you do have goto's - well, let me put this by example: on line 47, where you have goto battle();, change it to simply battle();. Now, take the battle function out of main() - as a separate function, it needs to be after main's }. Same with the ebattle function. Your if blocks are already ended - they go from the if(...){ to the closing }. Now, for other problems... you're comparing weapon to ch1 when you ask for weapon choice, ch1 being a variable that never got a value. What do you expect that to do? Why not compare weapon to 1, the option you gave the user to select axe? Again with the menu on the player's turn, do if(choice==1), not if(choice==att). Also, if you've learned about switch/case yet, you might consider using that for your menus. If you haven't, don't worry about it, it'll make things easier but isn't necessary. Fix all that and your program will, to some point, work just like you expected it to. Keep in mind that you'll have to write code for the other two menu options (sword and staff) before those will do anything, though. Finally, this will only go once. The player will have a turn, the enemy will attack, the player will have another turn, and then the program will quit. Try replacing your calls to battle and ebattle with code like this:

while(enemyh > 0 && health > 0)
{
battle();
ebattle();
}

That way, the turns will continue until one of the players loses.

If you make those changes, you should have a simple functional game (you might need to make sure you have all your braces correct, don't want { without a } to go with it). Good luck as you continue learning, don't give up. ;)
ok, thanks everyone. I was using the goto to restart the battle phase. oh, and I wont give up. Ive done that severla times while learning c++. it wont happen again :)

(my rating keeps going down. I wonder why? I am probably starting to become annoying.........)
UNINITIALIZED VARIABLES
i've Finished your simple game project.

i've added some new function from stdlib.h it called randomize()

it very usefull for hit probability

i use C language borland c 3.1 because i dont have visual c++ in my laptop.

i'll hope this will help u to learn more about game programing..

#include <stdio.h>#include <conio.h>#include <stdlib.h>//----------------------------------- U Can change this setting by change its values#define SWORDHIT 20#define AXEHIT 30#define STAFFHIT 40#define ENEMYHIT 20//-----------------------------------//Declare global variablesint health = 100;  //Player health//----------------------newint MaxHit=0;int EnemyHit=ENEMYHIT;//----------------------int enemyh = 100;  //Enemy healthint choice; //turn choice//Declare functionvoid ebattle();  //Enemy battle functionvoid battle();  //Player battle functionint main(){  int weapon;  //Current weapon  randomize();  printf("Armor core arenas\n");  printf("Welcome to armor core arenas! The game where you fight against your\n");  printf("opponent in an arena with a weapon of your choice.\n\n");  printf("Please choose your weapon\n");  printf("1.  axe\n");  printf("2.  sword\n");  printf("3.  staff(magic)\n\n");  while(weapon<49||weapon>51)  {		weapon=getch();  }  weapon-=48;  switch(weapon)  {	case 1:	printf("You have chosen the axe. The battle will now comence!\n");	printf("your opponet will be the crusher. he is a large opponet who also weilds an axe\n");	MaxHit=AXEHIT;	break;	case 2:	printf("You have chosen the sword. The battle will now comence!\n");	printf("your opponet will be the crusher. he is a large opponet who also weilds an axe\n");	MaxHit=SWORDHIT;	break;	case 3:	printf("You have chosen the magic staff. The battle will now comence!\n");	printf("your opponet will be the crusher. he is a large opponet who also weilds an axe\n");	MaxHit=STAFFHIT;	break;  }  printf("\n");  int turn=0;  while(health>0 && enemyh>0)  {		printf("-----------------------Turn %d --------------------------\n",++turn);		battle();		ebattle();		printf("\n\n");  }  if(health>0) printf("You WIN!!\n");  else if(enemyh>0)printf("You Lose!!\n");  else printf("Draw!!");  return 0;}void battle()  {	printf("It is your turn. what do you do?(1 to attack and 2 to heal)\n\n");	while(choice<49||choice>50)	{		choice=getch();	}	choice-=48;	if(choice==1)	{		int hit=random(MaxHit);		if (hit>0)		{			printf("You have attacked him! %d point\n",hit);			enemyh = enemyh - hit;			if(enemyh>0) printf("He now has  %d  health left\n\n",enemyh);			else printf("He now has died \n\n");			printf("Your Hit Level : ");			if(hit>(MaxHit-(MaxHit*10/100))) printf("Perfect hit !!!!!!!\n");			else if(hit>(MaxHit-(MaxHit*50/100)))			{				switch(random(3)+1)				{					case 1:					printf("Powerfull Hit !!\n");					break;					case 2:					printf("Superb Hit !!\n");					break;					case 3:					printf("Revenge Hit !!\n");					break;				}			}			else printf("Normal hit\n");			printf("\n");		}		else{printf("Missed !!\n");}	}	else	{	health = health + 20;	printf("You have healed your-self! health up to %d\n\n",health);	}}void ebattle() {	int hit=random(EnemyHit);	health = health - hit;	printf("It is his turn to attack! he has struck you with his mighty weapon!\n");	if(health>0) printf("you now have only %d health left!\n\n",health);	else printf("You Has Died !!");}

[Edited by - gohacker82 on August 17, 2004 3:25:58 AM]
ok thanks. I dont use borland, so I dont know if it will work, but if it doesnt, ill have fun trying to get it to work :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement