Sign in to follow this  

Totally Off Topic

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This post has nothing to do with this site or Opengl (sorry) :) Just wanted to let you gamers know of a kick ass game called Realm Wars that more people need to know about made with the Toque Engine:) NeHe and myself both play it ( I am =BEF=Evil yes I am in a clan) and NeHe (is Swift) you can also come and see the two maps NeHe made (Evils Lair and Baby Buggy Bummpers) COME ON I DARE YA :) http://www.realmwarsgame.com/ [Edited by - NeHe_Lover on August 17, 2004 1:17:48 AM]

Yeah I remember this game. I played a year ago when it was in beta or something. It was prety ok for a beta. The network play was a bit choppy. Gonna see if it got any better.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Still is a beta, but it's pretty stable. Great game. It has a relatively small but loyal group of followers.

For those of you who want to try something else then your average machine gun type FPS, you should really try this. It's set in a medieval fantasy world of orcs and elfs and uses various types of crossbows, fire and such things as weapons.

As any Torque game I know of, it's highly customizable through the use of a c++ like scripting language and has a built-in map editor.

Just so you know nehe is hosted by gamedev and gamedev has its own forums which the nehe forums are part of and also among these forums is a forum called the lounge! [rolleyes]

I posted it here because my boyfriend (NeHe) made 2 maps for Realm Wars and I thought maybe some of the people that frequent this forum might like to see what he made:) Forgive me I guess I was wrong.

Evil,

Don't worry about Ainokea, even though he has a small point, part of what makes this a community is stuff like what you just posted. He didn't have to read it if he didn't want you, you posted a 'descriptive' subject line :) I'm gonna check out that game more this weekend if I have time. Anybody else tried it?

Luke

Well, to put this thread back on topic... Realmwars supports GL and D3D... so in a small way it's GL related. It's a pretty cool game, especially if you enjoy scripting. Also has a built in map editor, downloads maps automatically, etc. Definitely worth checking out. The engine is a little dated, but it's still an excellent time waster, and pretty cool considering it's a free game.

If you want to check it out, get the GRWC release... it features radar, a better GUI, crosshairs, etc.

http://www.realm-wars.de/

Thats why I post here instead of the opengl gamedev fourm. Here you can talk about stuff thats related and not exactly OpenGl.

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.