Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

D3D-NV6800 problems??

This topic is 5237 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

ok this is BAD! I am using an NV6800, and ATI9800pro. I fill a 2d texture with some data (6000+ values). It worked fine on the ATI card. But when the same code is used on an NV6800, all the data over 2048 (number of values) are losssst! *sheesh* Not forgetting when compiling for ps_3_0 (effect file), i used the flags "prefer flow control" or "avoid flow control". What happened was that i got a performance increase for "avoid flow control", vice-versa for "prefer flow control". But i compile via fxc to view the asm code, "prefer flow control" gave the right type of instructions (all the if-else are present)...very strange. Perhaps a enumerator hiccup. jus wondering if anyone had the same problems... thx! Edwinz

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!