• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

C Compiler Help...

This topic is 4939 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm a game designer/3D artist/2D artist. But lately, Ive started to grasp the C programming language. I'm not working on a game now, I want to write up an idea of mine I've had for the past 9 months. Its a rather simple program, but it deals with separate user names/accounts, and lots and lots of cut an paste functions. So, now that I'm really starting to understand C, I'm looking for a good compiler. I want something I can use until I'm ready to pay for registration, and it has to be able to make windows .exe's, not just DOS programs. I'm only looking to spend like $100 on registration. Anyone know of something like this? Thanks in advance, home-skillets... aa_scenes2005 5/5/05

Advertisement
Bloodsoft's Dev-CPP is a pretty good free IDE with a compiler inside of it. I believe it uses Ming as the compiler.

Borland is giving away a free version of their IDE with two built in compilers (their own compiler which I happen to like a lot, and mingw, a port of gcc for windows). Maybe worth a look.

I've used the Borland compiler to make quite a few Windows programs myself and it works well.

See here.

I used to have borland when my mom was married. Her husband gave me a C++ compiler. I will check them both out. Sank you both so much...

aa_scenes2005
5/5/05

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement