Isn't this contest free?

Started by
2 comments, last by Alan Kemp 19 years, 8 months ago
In order to get a ClassID necessary in the MIF editor, it seems you need to be an authenticated BREW user and to be one you need to pay.. so what do I do to get around that? Or do I have to pay?
Advertisement
In the MIF editor, when you click new you can chose to use a "local" class id. Basically just make something up, but make sure its unique amongst all your test apps (personally I started at 0xA0001 annd worked up).

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
Thanks Alan for the quick response. The docs state this isn't recommended so will this do anything funky when we submit our entry?

Also, perhaps this should be added to the FAQ.
The ClassID's are a unique identifier, a bit like GUID's in COM apps. You can't have two apps installed on one emulator with the same ClassID, because the emulator starts the app by class id, not by name.

Its fine to just make up class id's for testing. Its possible that you might pick the same id as someone else who enters, but given that they are not assigning real id's, theres not much you can do. All they have to do is maintain seperate emulator directories for each persons entry and they can't possible conflict, thats what I do when people send my stuff to test.

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement