Aqua Invasion V1.0.0 Released!

Started by
12 comments, last by CrystalParadigm 19 years, 7 months ago
Crystal Paradigm's first contribution to the Arcade-style gaming revival, Aqua Invasion, has finally been released! It will be available for a limited time exclusively on eBay: edit: Link removed James R. DiGiovanna (dba Crystal Paradigm) [Edited by - CrystalParadigm on August 27, 2004 2:14:41 PM]
Advertisement
Hi!

Nice idea to sell your game at ebay!

Let us know the success of this way of selling games!

McMc
----------------------------My sites:www.bytemaniac.com www.mobilegames.cc
Are there any screenshots for it? I won't buy until I can see :)
Screenshots... I knew I forgot something ;-)

I'm getting plenty of hits, but no sales... Maybe that's it in a nutshell. I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks!

James R. DiGiovanna (dba Crystal Paradigm)
Okay, I have a screenshot. But... I can't add it to this eBay listing. I will add it to the next eBay listing when the current listing expires and I'll post the link to the next listing when I create it. For now though, here's the link:

edit: Link removed

Take a look! :-)

James R. DiGiovanna(dba Crystal Paradigm)

[Edited by - CrystalParadigm on August 27, 2004 2:23:26 PM]
Wait, wait... 4 bucks for rude asteroids clone?!?? Don't you people get ideas from time to time? Cheesh...
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Wait, wait... 4 bucks for rude asteroids clone?!?? Don't you people get ideas from time to time? Cheesh...

That's not Asteroids, that's Space Invaders. Get your history together [smile]
Well, it's based on Space Invaders, true. I actually got the idea from EGM's interview with the creator of Space Invaders. It has a few twists that no other version has, though, and it wasn't exactly meant to compete with 3D First-Person Shooters.

Anonymous: With a name like "Aqua Invasion" and a $4.50 bottom line price, what are you expecting? Metal Gear Solid IV: Legacy of Vengeance?

Just my humble opinion but I think the only way you will sell copies is to put out a demo that lets you do say 1 or 2 levels but then makes you purchase the full version to continue.

While screenshots may peak my interest I still won't fork over any dough until I get to try it.

Again, just might be me :)
Being an avid gamer myself (and a skeptic) I would tend to agree. But, it's my opinion that the Shareware paradigm really doesn't work. A funny story: I downloaded the shareware version of ID Software's Doom from Prodigy with a 9600 baud modem. It took all night to download, and I played that game to death, I swear. But, I never purchased the game. Almost two years later, ID "officially" released Doom in stores. *Then* it became popular. I have several pieces of shareware on my computer now, all with annoying bits of nagware installed that bother me every so often to "Please purchase or your computer will self destruct" or some such nonsense. In retrospect, perhaps my Karma is punishing me in this case.

Seriously considered though, how many people really register and purchase Shareware?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement