Sign in to follow this  

glDrawRangeElements?

This topic is 4869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, just a quick question about glDrawRangeElements. I have read that it is availeable since OGL version 1.2, does that mean that it will be availeable on ALL cards, if their computers have OGL 1.2 installed? Or will there be some cards that dont support it? If some cards wont support it, then exactly what kind of cards(how old) will they be?

In my geomipmapping terrain engine, I used glDrawRangeElements and it worked fine on a Radeon 9800 Pro, but when I tried to run it on a Geforce TI 4400 it just gave me a bunch of wierd clumped triangles.

Quote:
Original post by oconnellseanm
In my geomipmapping terrain engine, I used glDrawRangeElements and it worked fine on a Radeon 9800 Pro, but when I tried to run it on a Geforce TI 4400 it just gave me a bunch of wierd clumped triangles.

I had that same effect when i used too large arrays, try making the arrays smaller and see if that fixes it. And of course make sure you have installed the latest drivers.
How large are the arrays?

Well, i tried getting the max vertices and indices on my Radeon 9500.

The code I used:

int Max;
char txt[256];
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_VERTICES,&Max);
sprintf(txt,"%d",Max);
MessageBox(NULL,txt,"",MB_OK); //result was 2147483647
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_INDICES,&Max);
sprintf(txt,"%d",Max);
MessageBox(NULL,txt,"",MB_OK); //result was 65535

The number 2147483647 makes me think i did something wrong(thats why i posted the code). So what i want to ask, do these values make sense? Could they be correct? And what would these numbers be on other cards? Also what is the absolute minimum that any card could have? If i use this method for drawing models with ~6000/7000 vertexes and indices should i worry about some cards not being able to handle it?

This topic is 4869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.