glDrawRangeElements?

Started by
4 comments, last by Bouga 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi, just a quick question about glDrawRangeElements. I have read that it is availeable since OGL version 1.2, does that mean that it will be availeable on ALL cards, if their computers have OGL 1.2 installed? Or will there be some cards that dont support it? If some cards wont support it, then exactly what kind of cards(how old) will they be?
"A screen buffer is worth a thousand char's" - me
Advertisement
The core is a required set of features, so if an implementation claims to support OpenGL 1.2, then it must support all features in the 1.2 specification.
In my geomipmapping terrain engine, I used glDrawRangeElements and it worked fine on a Radeon 9800 Pro, but when I tried to run it on a Geforce TI 4400 it just gave me a bunch of wierd clumped triangles.
Author Freeworld3Dhttp://www.freeworld3d.org
Quote:Original post by oconnellseanm
In my geomipmapping terrain engine, I used glDrawRangeElements and it worked fine on a Radeon 9800 Pro, but when I tried to run it on a Geforce TI 4400 it just gave me a bunch of wierd clumped triangles.

I had that same effect when i used too large arrays, try making the arrays smaller and see if that fixes it. And of course make sure you have installed the latest drivers.
How large are the arrays?
Thanks for the info :)
Well, i tried getting the max vertices and indices on my Radeon 9500.

The code I used:
int Max;char txt[256];glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_VERTICES,&Max);sprintf(txt,"%d",Max);MessageBox(NULL,txt,"",MB_OK); //result was 2147483647glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_INDICES,&Max);sprintf(txt,"%d",Max);MessageBox(NULL,txt,"",MB_OK); //result was 65535

The number 2147483647 makes me think i did something wrong(thats why i posted the code). So what i want to ask, do these values make sense? Could they be correct? And what would these numbers be on other cards? Also what is the absolute minimum that any card could have? If i use this method for drawing models with ~6000/7000 vertexes and indices should i worry about some cards not being able to handle it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement