Sign in to follow this  

[.net] TGA Resources

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Damn this has bugging me for a few days now - feel like my head is gonna explode! Its Visual Studio .net ... hope that qualifies for this forum. Basically, I want to add 32bit tga files to the projects as resources. So, creating a custom resource type ("TGA") went fine, its just loading the resource that is a pain in the arse. I want to just get a pointer to the data, so I checked out MSDN and followed its instructions - FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource. But it doesn't work - FindResource ALWAYS fails. I've tried FindResourceEx aswell - still fails. And there is one final annoyance. MSDN says NULL is returned on error, for extended information, call GetLastError(). So I put some code after FindResource(Ex) fails to tell me what the problem is. And I get anice messagebox saying "The Operation Completed Successfully"!!!! HRSRC res = FindResource(GetModuleHandle(0), MAKEINTRESOURCE(ID_PARTICLE_IMAGE), "TGA"); if (res == NULL) { FormatMessage( FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER | FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM | FORMAT_MESSAGE_IGNORE_INSERTS, NULL, GetLastError(), MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT), (LPTSTR) &lpMsgBuf, 0, NULL ); MessageBox( NULL, (LPCTSTR)lpMsgBuf, "and Windows says...", MB_OK | MB_ICONINFORMATION ); LocalFree( lpMsgBuf ); } I've tried replacing the first FindResource parameter with NULL, I've tried manually calling LoadLibrary on the exe (which succeeds), and passing the module handle to FindResource but still FindResource fails. I fired up PE Explorer just to make sure that the resource was getting compiled, and it is. Please please help a guy who is completely befounded by a problem that windows claims isn't happening. Regards, Tim [Edited by - tlg on August 18, 2004 7:17:33 AM]

It works now. I haven't changed anything, I haven't messed around with the source code, I just went and had some lunch. Came back and hit F5, and the thing worked! weird huh?

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.