Image format conversion

Started by
2 comments, last by fyhuang 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi guys, I'm a new member to this forum. I am working on some medical images and they are available in *.LT1 or *.lt1 file formats and I have to convert them to standard BMP files and I was given the header information of the LT1 file. I have tried this in many other forums, but of no sugggestions or advices. Anybody having idea of how to do this, lemme know about it..... for more info, here is the header information of LT1 file IFFCL_GRAY { bits: 12 byte: @0=0x00 byte: @1=0x00 byte: @2=0x00 byte: @3=0x00 width:(@6=ishort)/2 height:@4=ishort start_offset:128 line_offset:width*2 datatype: lsb_msb } thanks in advance, Pavan.
Advertisement
12 bits....yeesh. This header seems a bit cryptic to me. For one, it doesn't seem to address padding, but since it says the line offset is width*2, I'd assume every other byte is half empty. The real problem here is that this header doesn't mention what the bits actually represent. 12 bits would seem to imply 4 bits R, 4 bits G, and 4 bits B. The endian would seem to indicate that the half-byte blue component would come first in each pair. As you can see there are a lot of assumptions here. You should try searching, as it's possible that a solution to this problem already exists. Hopefully someone more experienced in these matters can help you out though. [wink]
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Do you have an LT1 image you can upload somewhere? I'd try to help you but not having any data to work with makes it pretty difficult.
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
What about wotsit.org? Have you checked that out?
- fyhuang [ site ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement