Bug from 1.8.0

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 8 months ago
I have found a bug, and I think that this is a bug, because every script writter can fall into this. To see the bug in action just take the last WIP (I have the same bug working with 1.8.0 too !) Take the testframework project too. In TestExecute4Argsf (or any other function), replace this line engine->ExecuteString(0, "cfunction(9.2f, 13.3f, 18.8, 3.1415f)", NULL, 1000, 0); with this line engine->ExecuteString(0, "{cfunction(9.2f, 13.3f, 18.8, 3.1415f)", NULL, 1000, 0); Can't see any difference ? Yes, I have included a '{' at the begining of the script but hey, no '}' at the end ! This is a match error ! Now compile the testframework, and run it : You get an Assert caused by asCParser::GetToken function. Regards, AbrKen
Advertisement
I've confirmed the bug. It will be fixed for the next release.

Thanks for letting me know, Abrken.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Found the bug already. The fix is:

Change the if statement in function asCParser::GetToken() at line 1492 in as_parser.cpp to:

if( sourcePos >= sourceLength ){  token->type = ttEnd;  token->length = 0;}else  token->type = tokenizer.GetToken(&script->code[sourcePos], sourceLength - sourcePos, &token->length);

The line number is for the latest work in progress. It might not be the same in earlier versions, but it shouldn't be too hard to find from the description.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

What's your name Abrken? I would like to credit you for finding the bug.

Of course, if you prefer not to tell your name that's fine. I'll just credit you as Abrken.

Thanks,
Andreas

- Changed my profile :)
- Changed the code (in my old 1.8.0 !).
- Confirmed the bug eradication.

Building...Parsing: "FlipImage" Error   : (53, 0) Expected expression value Error   : (53, 0) Unexpected end of fileCompiling function 'AcceuilEng_MOUSE_0' in "AcceuilEng_MOUSE_0" Error   : (4, 1) Function 'FlipImage' not foundCompiling function 'AcceuilFra_MOUSE_0' in "AcceuilFra_MOUSE_0" Error   : (4, 1) Function 'FlipImage' not foundCompleted. (errors: 4, warnings: 0)

Great thank's for reactivity and best regards,

AbrKen.
Thanks for the confirmation, Alain.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement