Sign in to follow this  
johnnyBravo

MFC, how to get to message handler? eg WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam

Hi, I'm using MFC, I've got some code that would usually in a win32 application, go in the MsgProc(WndProc) whatever you call it, the message handler i think its called. eg
Quote:
LRESULT WINAPI MsgProc(HWND hWnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { switch( msg ) { } return DefWindowProc( hWnd, msg, wParam, lParam ); }
Anyway I need to use WPARAM wParam and LPARAM lParam from inside MFC. How would I get around to getting these variables? Thanks

if you created the MFC app using a wizard then look for something called a message map, every message that is to be handled will be in there with a custom function to call on receiving that message (no more parsing the params yourself, it'll already be in a nice form with most messages).

the message map looks like this

BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMainFrame, CFrameWnd)
ON_WM_CREATE()
END_MESSAGE_MAP()

to handle another message you need to put the code in there and they will take a function pointer of the function to call on receiving that message. Most of the messages are the same as Win32 except with the 'ON_' infront of them.

Hope that helped

if its an mfc class derrived from CWnd then theres a virtual WndProc func in there. add it via the class wizard (vc6) or its in one of the tabs in the propery page (vc.net)