Sign in to follow this  

Handango, is it worth it?

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi With my first symbian game coming closer to completion I'm thinking about what channels to sell it through, and the only viable portals to sell through at the moment are shareware style channels (mainly handango and symbos). What I'm a bit worried about however is that there doesn't seem to be a very high total download count for the more decent games (the highest I think I've seen is around 15,000 downloads and that was for Sky Force). I judge however through my market research that smart phones are at some point really going to take off (there's evidence of this already with the new range of Nokia smartphones coming out). It wasn't long ago the CEO of Siemens Mobile publicly predicted that by 2008 over 1/4 of mobile devices will be smart phones. What I'm wondering is that how do the independent symbian developers market their games or products on here, and how satisfactory are the rewaards? Also what's everyone elses thoughts on the future of the smartphone market?

Your best bet is to approach some local service providers. Now for them to take you seriously you're probably going to have to be setup as a business.
Try and approach the companies without being a business first, make sure you approach them in person and not via email.
If you want to talk some more about it all don't hesitate to email me.

Good luck

Handango take a 40%... >_<

Anyways, you can sell in handango AND you can sell it in another place (with different prices). In fact, many handango's customers sell in handango and sell more cheapest in their own webpages.

The good one of Handango is this is risk free, if you sell nothing then it cost nothing.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yeah Handango is always worth it since the risk you take is zero.

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.