Tokamak Physics SDK with Dev C++

Started by
6 comments, last by Wavewash 19 years, 8 months ago
I just can't get the Tokamak SDK to work with Dev C++ ! As I included "tokamak.h", the compiler complained about every single "inline" keyword in the standard headers. How can I convert the Tokamak headers to work with Dev C++ ???
Advertisement
Hmm, I'm not sure how to get Tokamak working with DevC++... Sorry I'm not being of any help here, but I've got Tokamak working with Visual Studio. I highly recommend getting that. Even a cracked one until you release an actual product (then you'll have to buy it).

I've used DevC++ before and it just seemed that I had problems with it at every turn.
havent used Tokamak before, maybe you have to include a .lib file to your project?

project->settings (or alt+f7)->add the name (Tokamak.lib?) of the file in the link->object/library modules field

Edit: ^thats for MS VC++ 6 sorry
Roger that, lets run like hell!
could I see the error exactly?
--m_nPostCount++
I changed the headers to avoid the "inline" problem.

But now the MSVC++ .lib files don't work.

Thanks for your help, anyway!!
If they're merely import libraries (if you need a dll with tokamak to get it to work they probably are) you can convert them with reimp (comes with mingw-utils, you can find it with google). If they're not though I'm not aware of any way to convert them.
i would actually advise you to stay away from tokamak if your doing an FPS (at least until it matures)

its quite buggy, and no-one can figure out how to do
player collision testing let alone figure out how to _trully_
get it to run with framerate independance.

try Newton Game Dynamics (Free) or Novodex (Free until your product becomes commercial -- fixed license fee)
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website
Quote:Original post by silvermace
i would actually advise you to stay away from tokamak if your doing an FPS (at least until it matures)

its quite buggy, and no-one can figure out how to do
player collision testing let alone figure out how to _trully_
get it to run with framerate independance.

try Newton Game Dynamics (Free) or Novodex (Free until your product becomes commercial -- fixed license fee)

Man, that's concerning since I have intergrated it into my engine. Can you tell me a site or a forum where others have complained of these issues with tokamak? Everyone on the tokamak forums seems happy (That's expected though). Thus far it's seemed to have worked fine. Also on the tokamak site they showcase a fps that's using it for physics.

~Wave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement