Sign in to follow this  

A few questions

This topic is 4869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. I need to make a new program before my school starts in less then two weeks(my computer tacher asked me to make something) so my question is, what? I know this is a stupid question, but I cant think of anything. it can be a game or a program, but in text only. I would like something useful that would impress her. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Depends on the extent of your knowledge in programming. There are too many things you could write, compression program, server/client chat app, a MUD, ect ect.. The possibilities are endless but it all depends on how much of a specific programming language u understand

Tic-tac-toe is a nice project. If you make it generic enough you can even have the computer play the computer, which is very interesting to watch to say the least. That's the only text-based game I ever made that I actually enjoyed playing.

Hmm, perhaps you could write something that waits for input, like you could chat with the computer, and scans the input for some known words/phrases, and responds with something funny...
or you could write a text-adventure...
or a calculator...
or u could abuse the 80x25 textmode and do some special fx...

dunno...

Thermo

I am still learning, and it seems like every tutorial I read teches things in a different order, but it seems like ive learned everything but oop(now I am not the greatest at everything. I am still reading back through everything I learned)

This topic is 4869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.