• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Brad8711

adding some graphics to a text adventure

This topic is 5058 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have done the text adventure on www.gametutorials.com and now i was wanting to add some graphics of sorts, maybe a menu or even a map type thing, i really have no idea about how to do any of this, i enjoy text adventures, but just text is a bit boring. plz help a brother out.

Advertisement
How up to speed are you with the Win32API? You could convert it from a console app to a Win32 app and have a little box for a picture, maybe?

Um, I doubt this will work but try graphics.h if it exists on the net, or look into console graphics lite. My book teaches it but I don't know if it's up to date with the new compilers.

If you're just interested in game design, you can always use a tool, like Tads, which allows you to display jpg and pngs with your text adventure.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!