Game Development Resources

Started by
5 comments, last by Chlorine 24 years, 8 months ago
That's a really good suggestion. We had something like that at S.O, so I'll use that as a basis and get started on it.
Advertisement
Yipee!
Glad you're so enthusiastic about it.;< ) Look here to see what I have so far. I should be adding a link to this under the Directories header on the navigation bar sometime tonight.

[This message has been edited by Myopic Rhino (edited August 11, 1999).]

I'm already impressed. Let me know if you need any help thinking of resources to post.

-Chlorine

Where do you get to those resources from the front page? I cant seem to find it.

BTW, if anyone wants to add things to that list, just email webmaster@gamedev.net

-Geoff

One improvement I would like to suggest would be a list of game development resources, i.e.: raytracers, modelers, SDKs, wrappers, gfx engines, texture libraries, sprite libraries, utilities, etc.. There is tons of stuff out there made for game development that people don't even know about. Like, I just found out about MathEngine today (which looks pretty nifty).

I know that in some ways I'm describing the game development search engine, but, I've found that it provides too much information to sift through, it would be nice if those sites were compiled under a topic structured list and rated. Thats it.

-Chlorine

The Game Development Search Engine will be trimming itself down and expanding its section categories. It has also added ratings to some of the resources available. We are going to focus more in Quality rather than Quantity of information. This means that we will be slower to update but more useful in the long run. Expect changes in the coming months.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement