Sign in to follow this  

were can I learn C/C++?

This topic is 4864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You can learn C++ from the free e-book, Thinking in C++. Scroll down the page for a download link, or you can view it online.

Edit: Removed second link. Fruny's correct.

Hope that helps,

-hellz

[Edited by - hellz on August 19, 2004 11:52:44 AM]

College? Or do you mean something like alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ (Newsgroup FAQ)
The C++ FAQ-lite is a good thing to read, too, as is function-pointer.org.
You may consider buying books like C++ Primer, Accelerated C++ and Essential C++ (check Gamedev's C++ book section) -- be wary of books published before 1998.
I also consider N.Josuttis' "The C++ Standard Library" as a must-have.

Hellz - the tutorials on cplusplus.com are outdated (look! <iostream.h>!). It's not a good way to learn.

Tobbe,

Don't link there for the same reason Fruny stated to me. I've had that link in my favourites for a long time, along with many others for C++ tutorials. I thought I'd cleared out all of the iostream.h ones, but obviously not.

-hellz

I always like www.cprogramming.com. If you search the net you can find all kinds of tutorials and free e-books. More specifically, if you would like me to send you a list of sites I would be more than happy to help you out.

er, or how about not. [note]this was in response to the one about quake/quake2 source, not the post that ended up between mine and that :D

i would recommend starting a little smaller than Quake :P (and, imho, quake is a very bad source to learn from alltogether)

i would say best route: to go college and take a course, at least you'll learn the basics that way. If you cant, you may want to visit your local library, that's a great, and well underused free option.

This topic is 4864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.