Sign in to follow this  

Changing Mouse Cursor, in WinApi

This topic is 4868 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi there, I'm making a map editor for my games, and when I'm over some stuff, I want my cursor to become a cross, or a sizable pointeur (like to scale a bounding box). My cursor is the one of windows, and I want to use them from windows too :P So what is the winAPi function to change the cursor looking?

How much time did you spend googling and searching MSDN?

What to search for? Well - you want to set cursor, right? So, I searched for SetCursor, and looks like it's the right function.

And remember: try to search for it yourself before asking next time, will you?

Oxyd

No, because this forum is here for that man.
And ya, I searched, and didnt found on google, because I didnt know what to search.

and thanks for SetCursor, its what i need. NOW I know what to search on goole "SetCursor".
This kind or answer shock me. This forum is here to ask questions and recieve responses from people who have the same programming passion. If someone ask for opengl question, i dont write : check on google man, and dont ask questions.

This forum can be used for answering this kind of question, but if you abuse it like that, you're hurting yourself in the long run. The ability to look up and research your own problems is just short of essential to being a good programmer. It takes time to learn how to research by yourself, but it is something that you really should put some effort into learning. If you ever want to write code in the real world, you can't go to your coworkers with questions that could be easily answered with 5 minutes in a book or on the web. If you put off or refuse to learn how to do your own research, you're going to pay for it in the long run.

hey, I know how to search by myself! Stop that!
I'm making very powerful engines, I didnt learn all of that only on this forum. I asked this question because I know quasi anythings about winapi and I want a quick response to orient my searchs on google in the right way.

Well - I gave you the link after all, so what's up?

If you told you did your own search, or some good reason for not searching, I wouldn't tell you to search.

And if you chilled out, it would be much better.

Oxyd

its ok man, I'm chilled out lol
I just dont know anything on cursor in winAPI and I searched for : "winapi mouse cursor" and didnt found what I want, so I posted it.
Your search point me the right thing at the first link ;)

Quote:
Original post by Daivuk
its ok man, I'm chilled out lol

Good. If you added "I've searched the google, but haven't found anything useful" at the end of your original message, we wouldn't flame each other [smile]

Oxyd

Asking Smart Questions

Before asking a technical question by email, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

Try to find an answer by searching the Web.

Try to find an answer by reading the manual.

Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.

Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.

Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.

If you are a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated that they can learn from the answers.

This topic is 4868 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.