Using Fog With Desired HEIGHT

Started by
4 comments, last by zedzeek 19 years, 8 months ago
Could anyone venture a hint as to how one could use fog with a random height. For example I have my camera at position 0, 5, 0. How could I make the fog height 5 to seem as though it is at eye level? Thanx in advance!
Advertisement
What you need is the Fog Coord Extension
Waramp.Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.That way, when you do insult him, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes.
you can also make a volume (a cube for example) and then use a 3D Texture. then make the volume transpert etc..etc..
i saw a demo at delphi3d.net that does this recently
You can check out this demo at delphi3d, it explains the concept of simple (yet nice looking) layered height fog (scroll down the list, it's heightfog.zip)

Quote:
you can also make a volume (a cube for example) and then use a 3D Texture. then make the volume transpert etc..etc..

Hmm, it's not that easy. Keep in mind that you need some kind of volumetric visualization technique to actually see the 3D texture: slicing or raytracing comes to mind. Depending on the size of the volume, this can be expensive. But this technique can look really good.
ive done volumetric fog before with a 2d projected texture
http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement