Sign in to follow this  

mp3's in visual basic

This topic is 4864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wnat to know how I can play mp3'z in visual basic, and still being able to add effects like EQ and echoes etc. I know how to play mp3'z in directshow, at least I think it is, but as far as I know you can't add effects in directshow. what I need to do is to load buffers from an mp3-file, and then add different effects. And I hardly know anything about directX. need help

PutBoy,

I attempted to use strictly DirectShow for music and sounds of my last project, and ended up reverting back to DirectSound for sound effects, but maintained my DirectShow layer for playing all my music files, and my introduction AVI.

I also have very little experience with DirectShow, but from what I have read in the SDK and other online resources doesn't sound to me like there is much you can do with it minus playing media files which it supports. DirectSound (or Music if stretching it ^_^) would probably be your best bet as far as adding effects.

That's about the best advice I can give you, maybe someone else will have more experience with DirectShow than I do and can better answer this, but if I come across something I'll let you know.

Permafried-

This topic is 4864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.