[.net] Problems with MDX

Started by
11 comments, last by Mykre 19 years, 6 months ago
Im trying creating a simple window with mdx summer 2k4 using mc++. When I compile i got this errors: error C3635: 'Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails::IDirect3DDevice9': undefined native type used in 'Microsoft::DirectX::Direct3D::Device'; imported native types must be defined in the importing source code did you forget to include a header file? error C3377: 'Microsoft::DirectX::Direct3D::Device::.ctor' : cannot import method - a parameter type or the return type is inaccessible Im added references to all MDX.dll. Dont find anything about this on google and google groups. When im include <d3d9.h> i got another errors. What include files must be included ? Sorry for my english :)
Advertisement
I am having the exact same problem. Anyone have an answer?
Thanks,
Chad

Sounds like the problem I'm currently having. I've found several place on the web where people bring up this problem. It's stange, I've never seen a question like this where no one seems to know what's going on. Is there anyone out there using VS.Net 2003 C++ and Managed DirectX that has solved this problem? It's probably somthing studip like having the right include or adding the right references, but I'm not sure.
Believe it or not, the idiot is learning.
You have look at the SDK Samples,

All I could see was the following, I would go through the samples and see if you can get them running.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// File: CreateDevice.cpp
//
// Desc: This is the first tutorial for using Direct3D. In this tutorial, all
// we are doing is creating a Direct3D device and using it to clear the
// window.
//
// Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <d3d9.h>

Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
I just went and looked into several examples of Managed DirectX with C++ .net and I found one thing in common with all of them. They all said that you would need the 9.0b runtimes to run them. Now, I have 9.0c runtimes in order to stay current but back in 9.0b people would of been using...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9216652f-51e0-402e-b7b5-feb68d00f298&displaylang=en

...this version of the DirectX SDK. It's work perfectly for me. Now I'm going to try to see if I can find those webpages online where others were having this problem to see if the information helps anyone else :P

Hopefully sho_ and cames are still checking this thread, as I think retrograding to this version of the sdk will solve your problems.
Believe it or not, the idiot is learning.
Are your references correct?
Yes I'm still here :).
I dont find answer yet for this problem. Maybe is 9.0c bug.
I downloaded from CodeProject game writen in mc++. Its compile fine in 9.0b but in 9.0c I have errors.
Previous post is mine.
I know other people have encountered this problem. As i haven't played with MDX in MC++, I can't be sure. However you may want to check out the DX Message boards on MSDN, here

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Tom Miller just posted a response about this issue on his blog. It is caused by the way the MC++ compiler generates assemblies and how types relate to namespaces. He includes a fix on his post. Even though it is quite ugly, it should get you on the right track again. I hope this helps!
Jason Olson - Software Developer[ Managed World ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement