i have 1000 lines of code that.............

Started by
16 comments, last by Dwiel 19 years, 8 months ago
took me six hours to do and i DONT want to see if it works right, im hiding from it, wheres that directx9 project around here that incorporated animated x files?(it used the same character as in the directx sdk, if someone shows me i might do a tutorial on loading them)
"am i supposed to be able to do sh_t with this?" oink snort
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by cdrw
took me six hours to do and i DONT want to see if it works right,

heh, how do you write 1000 lines of code without testing it along the way? that's insane.

-me
its all compiles in its header file,

but i dont call the main function
Run it, if it doesnt work take it like a man. If it does, do a little dance :)
Roger that, lets run like hell!
Quote:Original post by cdrw
its all compiles in its header file,

but i dont call the main function

ya but that's what i mean. generally in 1000 lines of code there are components that can be unit tested as you develop them. like input parsing, loading, processing, drawing, whatever. as you develop each small piece you can test that rather than just coding the entire thing and then only testing when everything is there. whatever, i'd just run it and start the debugging festival. :)

-me
what im most worred about is how i hooked up things like the device caps, the timer, and the backbuffer structure,

all new things to me,

just cause i seemed to initialize and store the the backbuffer and device caps, doesnt mean i did it right,

and the timer,

new things

and then theres the bulk of the code,

which i dont know why something would be buggy there,
cause i got it from somwhere else.

where be the code!
(heh)
bring on the file!
I think Palidines trying to say you should really think about debugging your code as you go, if theres something in the bulk of your code that effects the backbuffer, you could be looking through the backbuffer code for ages when the problem isnt there at all.
aka incremental development
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
well, they say there's, on average, one bug for every 10 lines of code written, so looks like it's a nice long debugging festival for ya. :)

-me
Quote:Original post by Palidine
well, they say there's, on average, one bug for every 10 lines of code written, so looks like it's a nice long debugging festival for ya. :)

-me

Really? I probably single handedly effect those averages with the amount of bugs I usually write...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement