Little bit of help with web programming.

Started by
3 comments, last by soundsystem 19 years, 8 months ago
Well i'm trying to make it so that there is a side menu like there is in this page. Here I'm talking about the blue sidemenu. I noticed that it goes all the way down even when you scroll down. I was wondering how this is done. Anyone know? I was wondering cause i would like to do something like it in my homepage that i'm starting. Thanks, Cory EDIT: also I do know html and a good deal of css but i dont know how this is done could someone show me =D
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
I don't know what you are talking about, I don't see a blue menu that scrolls with the page. I am using Firefox and I limit the colors to black BG and white text for every site, and I disable a lot of &#106avascript.

You should make the site as simple as possible and compatible with every browser possible. I know it might be boring and ugly but just having links on the left or on top in a table looks nice and works fine IMO. Also have big text OR have it so the site doesn't ruin when I increase the text size on my browser.

Try viewing the source, maybe it will have a comment with a link to a site that provides the script or a clue or something you can search for in Google.
why not just take a look at the source of that page? look at it's style sheets and whatnot and see if you can divine it. i'm pretty sure that you have to offset the position of the outermost table so it's at 0,0 or something. by default a browser will pad the page so your tables will appear to have a border. but really, the best way to learn how to do those kinds of things is to just look at the source of the page itself.

wore comes to worse, there's always [google]: "HTML tutorial"

-me
ROFL i didn't mean it scrolled with the page. IF you look at the page on the left hand side theres a menu. Behind the menu part it is blue (or what i decifer as blue i'm color blind) which extends to the bottom of the page no matter what size it is lengthwise. Also i did look at the source and its got an external style sheet. :-/
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Oh I see what you are saying, I turned off my own colors and I see it now. This is what I am assuming about the page, the page is 2 big tables, the left cell is blue and the menu links are in that cell and the right is the content, and more tables are in between those two cells. I had a similar site and that is how I did it.

You can view the external style sheet by just going to it directly with your web browser (like directly linking to a file or an image).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement