Sign in to follow this  

exact files for glut and opengl

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I searched the forums but couldnt find an exact answer so decided to make it a new thread. Please forgive me if the topic was covered before. the story/background : i downloaded some glut and opengl files ( in binary and zip formats ) and set my VC6 for them as i am told in tutorials. At first everything seemt to be fine. There were not a major slow down in my programs as they were not so big ones ( but still not to be underestimated; a paint program of 1400 LOC and a 2d and 3d interactive beziercurve simulation ) . Then i started building a 3D environment. kind fo a basic game engine. User was able to walk in a closed place ( designed as a park , trees around (actually spheres over cylinders ) , texture mapping everywhere ( grass walls , a pool in the middle, grass around it and a stone pathway surrounding em all ) , 6 different light sources ( one as sun , 5 as night lamps ) ) , a few different animations which are very basic. It was extremely slow. Still it was what i had been expecting. My coding wasnt perfect and i had done nothing to make an improvement. but one day, when i was trying to execute my code , i copied some of `different headers and dlls` to my code's directory (another opengl32.dll which i downloaded from somewhere else for example) and bam!. The program was working as smooth as it can be without any improvement technics and stuff. But , damn me , i somehow deleted that directory , and never found which dlls or headers were responsible of this improvement :) so ? what do you say ? Which sources should i be using to achieve this performance again? Which libraries or headers i should be replacing. I tried "the latest versions" but the code is still slow. And the code was compatible with linux too but i had it work slower then before on linux ( red hat something , i am not sure ) If wanted i can post my code , but i thought it wouldnt be necessary ( and well it is something me and a friend coded in a hurry , in one night , where we began from scratch and learnt 3d programming as we coded :) . i mean you cant believe how messy it is , and well , it has more then 1KLOC . still i can upload it to some website and people may try it). And the problem wasn't in the code ( with my current configuration even my very basic 2d network simulation code works like a snail ) and sorry for writing it too long ( i cant avoid it :) ) , being unclear -if i was-, and any spelling or such mistakes if i had ( English is not my main language ).

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.