Resource librarys

Started by
4 comments, last by codemonster 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi, does anyone know of a free library for loading images and models. I have redesigned my engine and have lost a lot of code after having to back up my HDD so I don't want to have to write bmp loaders and 3ds loaders etc. However if I got a library I don't know if it would be easy to integrate into my engine. Any links etc would be great, cheers.
Advertisement
hi. if u look on nehe.gamedev.net you'll see there a library for loading images of different formats. i'm sure there are a lot out there, just look for them. i'm using only info about file headers and color info, then i write a quick function for loading them (and converting to textures).not big deal, really.
DevIL (OpenIL) is what I use for loading images, and it works really well, it loads (at least that’s what they say on the site, I haven’t tried all of them :) )
.bmp, .cut, .dds, .doom, .gif, .ico, .jpg, .lbm, .mdl, .mng, .pal, .pbm, .pcd, .pcx, .pgm, .pic, .png, .ppm, .psd, .psp, .raw, .sgi, .tga and .tif
And its easy to work whit.

http://openil.sourceforge.net/
Exitus Acta Probat
cheers for the links, will try them tonight.

What about model loading?
I saw a site with alot of general purpose code like image loading, model loading, vectors, matrices etc... But I (stupidly) didn't bookmark and I've searched for it several time since. Hopefully someone will come along with a link.....
this info is probably redundant but digiben's game tutorials provides tutorials on loading 3ds, obj, ase, md2, md3, and q3 bsp files. have a look at the opengl tutorials...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement