Sign in to follow this  

Speed learning

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Heyhey people, I've been trying to learn some graphics theory recently, and since i love trying to learn things as fast as possible, i started wondering what i could do to speed up my learning curve. The obvious thing for me to do was to check out what my prefered learning styles were, and to come up with notes which reflected upon that, which is what i did. This approach did work to some extent, but recently i've found an amazingly better approach(for me personally). I was randomly reading an article about graphics theory in french, and noticed tha t i was actually learning ALOT quicker than i would usually(i was raised in france). Now french isn't (technically) my first language, though i speak/understand it as well as i do english, which is why the fact it was easier for me to learn astounded me. So in an attempt to work out whether i really did learn faster in french, i started reading a few more articles, and amazingly, i learnt all the theory alot quicker than i expected. Now does this mean that french writers are better at explaining things, or do you guys think it's just me personally? Has this happenned to anyone else? [EDIT] - I've just noticed something else, i find that learning away from the computer, about what i'm doing on the computer makes it alot easier for me to learn a specific subject, quite counter-intuitive. [Edited by - malune on August 20, 2004 7:14:36 PM]

I wasn't thinking in terms of distractions, just in the way that if i'm learning away from the computer, i'm learning phisically. I find that writing things down and working them out on paper stains my memory whereas when i just type stuff out into a text editor, it just doesn't feel the same(even whilst working things out). But this could be caused because of the distractions on screen.

There we go, fixed my quote-instead-of-edit nightmare. ^^^^

To add to what I originally said, when reading in French, you probably have to think a bit more about what you are reading, so you will remember it better (that's how I am with French). When reading in English, you get lazy and don't pay attention.

Now, about being away from a computer:

I obviously can't say.

Quote:
Original post by thedevdan
To add to what I originally said, when reading in French, you probably have to think a bit more about what you are reading, so you will remember it better (that's how I am with French). When reading in English, you get lazy and don't pay attention.

Yeah that makes sense i guess, i think i'm going to try reading in spanish and see how that goes :)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by malune
Quote:

Yeah that makes sense i guess, i think i'm going to try reading in spanish and see how that goes :)

Problem is, with reading it in spanish, is that you would get too bogged down by the drug trafficking.

Quote:
Original post by malune
Quote:

Damnit, you know three languages?

Well, you know what they say, 2 is bigger than 3.

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.