[web] Whats wrong wit da javascript?

Started by
24 comments, last by evolutional 19 years, 8 months ago
Trying to get this to work. I cant get any &#106avascript to work for like the onmouseclick or mouseovers. heres my source COPIED FROM A TUTORIAL BUT DOESN"T WORK!

<html>
<head>
<title>Cory's Page</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor = "black">
<SCRIPT language = "javascript">
<A HREF="jmouse.htm" onMouseover="window.status='Hi there!'; return true">Place your mouse here!</A>
</SCRIPT>
</body>
</html>

Plz help =D
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
<code>

<html>
<head>
<script>
function changeText(sText){
status = sText
}
</script>
</head>
<body bgcolor = "black">

Place your mouse here!

</body>
</html>

</code>

try that
EDIT
your need to view source as I can never remeber how to do code

onMouseover="changeText('Hi There')
Don't put spaces between the properties in the tags

ie:

bgcolor="blue"

not

bgcolor = "blue"

EDIT: Themonkster : your code is equally flawed.
But thats not how it said to do it on the tutorial =/ whats wrong with mine i tried no spaces didn't work :P
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
yeah I just copied and pasted the others code just to get the &#106avascript working not really looking at the formatting.<br><br>my way if it works is more re-usable hopefully
Anyone help?
A) That changes the status text. That's the text that appears in the bottom of the browser window, as in where it says done in Mozilla.
B) The problem with the onmouseover does not have to do with the spaces, but the spaces are still a problem.
C)Stop speaking ghetto.
try removing the script tags - you shouldn't need them.

(my bandwidth is gone...)
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body >

Place your mouse here!

</body>
</html>

there you go fixed it by removing the script tags and putting in the mouseover instead

onMouseover="&#106avascript:window.status='Hi there!'; return true"
WHen i hover over that it just says the linked site on the status bar =/ BTW i'm on msie 6

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement