Sign in to follow this  

RPG Forumals

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

On my RPG project, I started designing the battle system a few months ago. I got most of the stats and skills systems worked out, but not all. Perhaps I didn't think long enough, but I didn't figure out a formula on leveling. This is actually really tricky, since you don't want them to lvl up too fast or too slow. Can someone give me some info on making a leveling formula? Perhaps some examples from an FF game or something. I tried to find this one website that had all of the FF6 forumals, but coulnd't find it. Thanks.

Part of the fun of being a game designer is doing this stuff. Tweak it until you get something that feels right.

But, if you insist, you can try:

NextLevelExperience = (Level + 10)^2

This of course is exponential growth. You can make it more or less by changing the exponent.

you can check gamefaqs.com search for final fantasy 6/7/8/9/... or xenosgears, legend of legaia, basically any RPG that you want. Most of the time they'll have a FAQ on the battle system mechanics and the formulas used.

for example here's the battle mechanics for final fantasy tactics, and incase gamfaqs don't allow direct linking, here's the page it's linked from.

Ah, thanks for the tips. I'll see how that formual works thedevdan, and I'll go look around gamefaqs.com for a while. ^^

EDIT: I found a really useful FAQ on FF6's formulas. Here it is, but you'll need to copy and paste the link source since gamefaqs don't allow hotlinking.
Source: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/final_fantasy_iii_algorithms.txt

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.