Sign in to follow this  

Concentration music

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Motzart is supposedly also very good for this, along with other similar classical music. You'll also find that many ambient-dance tunes will share the characteristics of such classical music.

Quote:
Original post by malune
Which music helps you concentrate?
For me personally i find i can't concentrate to metal, but vivaldi gives me such focus! :)

Similarly, I find that punk-rock is a no go for concentration, but film and game soundtracks work great.

I find any music a potential distraction and prefer quiet.

Using music to set a mood before I need to concentrate on something works well for me. Depending on the task at hand listening to something busy and energising, like all the stuff you folks have said to avoid, might in fact be quite suitable to get you pumped up and rearing to go ;)

Any music that I am familiar with, I can concentrate to/fall asleep to. Its new music that will throw me off, as I'll pay close attention to it.

I can't concentrate with music, unless it's really bad. I just pay attention to the music and lose focus on everything else :D That's because I like to pay attention to the music when I listen to it.

Try PINK NOISE. Basicaly static noise, lower in pitch... The sound is audable, yet virtualy impossable to concentrate too, while drowning out all other noise, and improving visual/mental focus. You should try it

Quote:
Original post by PaulCesar
Try PINK NOISE. Basicaly static noise, lower in pitch... The sound is audable, yet virtualy impossable to concentrate too, while drowning out all other noise, and improving visual/mental focus. You should try it

lol that sounds interesting... does the static noise actually change, does it have a tune??

no, no tune. Its kinda like TV or Radio static... but yet for some reason it sounds cleaner, and you cant quite focus on it.

EDIT: part of this has to do with its lower pitch...

I tend to work to Pink Floyd (hence the avatar)... but a bit of Black Sabbath also works.
If the music is good, and if it's familiar, it provides a predictable distraction, and so I can work a lot better with it.

I love listening to jazz, classical, and movie soundtracks. Unfortunately, being a musician, I end up listening to the music rather than concentrating on the task at hand. Now, if I really need to focus, I put on ambient-techno or trance music. The steady beat gets me in my groove (and I do have to admit that it makes me feel kinda like a hacker (even if I may be writing a Windows application for my grandmother at the time :D)).

Quote:
Original post by benryves
I tend to work to Pink Floyd (hence the avatar)... but a bit of Black Sabbath also works.
If the music is good, and if it's familiar, it provides a predictable distraction, and so I can work a lot better with it.

Exactly how I work.. I only work with music I have been listening to for years... not only does it not distract me, I can indirectly keep track of time by paying attention to how far I am on the CD.. really helps pass the time. Staples for me are Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favor, Days of Future Passed, Question of Balance, Electric Light Orchestra - I own all their albums.. so all of them except Secret Messages, Balance of Power, and Zoom.. occasionally some Metallica S&M does it for me. The Wall is more of a break album.. because I can't help but pay attention and sing along.

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.