Concentration music

Started by
16 comments, last by falkone 19 years, 7 months ago
Which music helps you concentrate? For me personally i find i can't concentrate to metal, but vivaldi gives me such focus! :)
Advertisement
Motzart is supposedly also very good for this, along with other similar classical music. You'll also find that many ambient-dance tunes will share the characteristics of such classical music.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Progressive trance or 80's electronic works for me :)

Get some Global Underground mixes on (Sasha, Nick Warren, etc) and I'll be motivated and chilled at the same time [grin]
Quote:Original post by malune
Which music helps you concentrate?
For me personally i find i can't concentrate to metal, but vivaldi gives me such focus! :)

Similarly, I find that punk-rock is a no go for concentration, but film and game soundtracks work great.
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
japan anime soundtracks for me (yokko kano, for instance). quite motivating too.
- AdMiRaLP.S. sorry, I'm french, so i may not always speak english perfectly.
I find any music a potential distraction and prefer quiet.

Using music to set a mood before I need to concentrate on something works well for me. Depending on the task at hand listening to something busy and energising, like all the stuff you folks have said to avoid, might in fact be quite suitable to get you pumped up and rearing to go ;)
Any music that I am familiar with, I can concentrate to/fall asleep to. Its new music that will throw me off, as I'll pay close attention to it.
I can't concentrate with music, unless it's really bad. I just pay attention to the music and lose focus on everything else :D That's because I like to pay attention to the music when I listen to it.
PPH
Try PINK NOISE. Basicaly static noise, lower in pitch... The sound is audable, yet virtualy impossable to concentrate too, while drowning out all other noise, and improving visual/mental focus. You should try it
Quote:Original post by PaulCesar
Try PINK NOISE. Basicaly static noise, lower in pitch... The sound is audable, yet virtualy impossable to concentrate too, while drowning out all other noise, and improving visual/mental focus. You should try it

lol that sounds interesting... does the static noise actually change, does it have a tune??

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement