Sign in to follow this  

is there anyway to....

This topic is 4863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

like just with cstio, cstdlib, iostream

i get confused when im trying to install one. (i got this book and it came with a CD-ROM with allegro on it and im trying to install it on devC++ but the autoupdate doesn't work and then it says to install from the CD-ROM and its really confusingand i dont know what to do)

It's possible to create simple console games (tetris, tic tac toe) without using any graphics libraries. You could also create games using the Window's GDI, that doesn't require any other libraries to be installed. Of course it's still using libraries, you just don't need to install them.

It really is to your benefit to learn how to install and use libraries though. Try looking for a tutorial on installing Allegro, should help.

okay, im not sure what i did now but now when i try to open a new project it says: Could not change to templates directory...

and then the new project screen is all blank.

sorry about being stupid

Guest Anonymous Poster
Make sure that you have the lastest dev-c++ in the older versions like the one I have in my other computer the update utility won't work. If all fails you can get the pre-built library from this page

http://www.allegro.cc/files/index.html?&session=0a62debfd5bccbc3010d334ecd170d79

This topic is 4863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.